Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Ay ay ay...

Jack's not doing his homework! I was supposed to write a post every day, or at least oftenly... Perhaps, this is a good signal, don't you think? When you're more busy living things than writing about the things you've lived... Interesting thoughts...
Anyway, I'll post pictures about my latest excursions soon, but now at least one! Last week, Jack crossed the border and went to Lithuania, and, even if I wasn't able to go to Vilnius, I managed to visit an interesting and creepy place (fifty-fifty). I'm talking about the Hill of Crosses, or Kryžių kalnas.

This is a pilmigrage place, close to Šiauliau, and it has been always a place for praying for peace and their country, remembering perished anti-russian rebels (From 19th Century rebellions against the Russian Empire). It is a symbol of Lithuanian pride which Soviets tried to destroy... They even bulldozed the place 3 times at least, but people continued setting their crosses in that place...

Nowadays, an interesting place indeed! But, of course, a little bit f**ked up because of the industry of tourism... It is a place where, usually, married couples go just after the wedding, to set one cross with their names... In fact, when Jack was visiting the place, he was quite surprised to find a Spanish-Lithuanian couple, both talking perfect Spanish and with Spanish guests... Spanish people everywhere, you know!


But, if you go... Follow the instructions and don't light any candle! ;)

And so, tomorrow Happy Jack's leaving to spend a couple of days in Tallinn. I really hope I'll take enough pictures to show how beautiful it is! Anyway, enjoy the rest of the summer, my beloved readers!

:)

No comments: