Thursday, November 27, 2008

Ho-Ho-Ho!

Hi, my beloved readers... Here we go again! Long time since I last wrote in this blog of mine! Lack of inspiration maybe? Hm... Maybe! The thing is, I've checked the other blogs and it seems that a lot of people's not writing as much as they used to write, before! So, maybe it's not only me... who knows!

And I must say that I'm not really in a writing mood today either, but I felt the call of duty this morning, and that's why I'm here! Well... maybe there's something I want to talk about, now... Surely you've noticed in the streets already... In the shops, over your head... well: everywhere! You've noticed, so, that Christmas time's coming again! And this is the point of my today's post...

Origins, tradition... Old fashioned words, nowadays. Shops, sales, buy, buy, BUY! Yes... that's Christmas in these days, or at least it seems so! Christmas lights are set every year sooner and sooner... and maybe in the end people will celebrate Christmas wearing short sleeve T-shirts, in summertime... And if this early Christmas happens also in every single part of our Earth... maybe those who live in the Southern Hemisphere will end celebrating it in their winter... Curious thing, huh?

I'm not a family man, as you may know by now. So, I don't care about family meetings on Christmas day... I didn't do that in the past and I'm not doing it now... I don't celebrate Christmas either... I just watch and think about it... It's not about celebrating that Christ birth... I'm not Cristian either... But these are important days for a lot of actual cultures (Jews have their Hannukah) or ancient (Egiptians believed that, before new year's eve, there was a bad period... between the end of a cycle and the beginning of the next)...

So, no more spirituality? No values anymore? Streets are packed with people, shops are crowded, and it seems that crisis is conviniently hiding in a secret place, to let everyone buy more stuff without feeling guilty about it... What do you think? Actual Christmas was invented by Harrod's?

6 comments:

Nuria Vidal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nuria Vidal said...

Welcome back!!
I really missed reading your posts.
I'll try to post some thoughts for inspiration too but I've been even less inspired, folks. Pain has been killing me "softly!"

Your thoughts are certainly welcome!

One very important consideration:

-a lot of people ARE not writing as much as they used to write

Nothing elseworth mentioning.

Nuria Vidal said...

Please, read:

-Nothing else worth mentioning.

fast typing...

senyorapòstrof said...

Yeah. It's true that nowadays people who celebrate Christmas can be (or not) religious, and that this time is becoming more and more related to shopping, and spending money as much as you can. But, on the other hand, when it's Christmas and you walk alone in the street, don't you feel there's something special? Well, now, while I'm writing it, I think that perhaps that special thing is winter and that's all...

Magnolia said...

I completely agree with you. Christmas' lights annoys me, at least so early! They push you to consume. But we can also celebrate winter solstice, the pagan origin of this celebration and avoid religious sense. What do you think about?

Rip Van Winkle said...

Watch your language Jack. An f word in a genmteleman like you!!!!