Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Carpe Diem

Hi again, beloved reader... Maybe you've come here again looking for some answers... I mustn't say this, but... well done...

I've been thinking lately in this "Carpe Diem", even before our classes started... In fact, even if I am immortal, as far as I know, I can't take this thoughts out of my head... Tomorrow... Always tomorrow! We, poor human beings, live our little pathetic lifes as if we were immortal... Not thinking about death... But if you close your eyes and blank your mind... You may feel the Reaper's breath on your neck, and maybe you can also hear his laugh... Because he's old and wise... and he has seen many human beings acting this way, but he has beaten all of them... Because, and that's the point, we are food for worms... Now, that's a nice sentence! So... We must start acting consequently...

You surely have thought sometimes: "I'll do that tomorrow" or "Maybe next week"... But maybe there'll be no next week, no tomorrow... So we have to keep in mind this: What if I die tomorrow? This "What if" might help us to take decissions, to live... I'm not talking of living fast and die young, like Sid Vicious said... No... That man or woman you love in secret... You may consider the option of telling him/her, because maybe there's no tomorrow... And I'm not talking of dying when turning every corner! Maybe you're waiting for the right moment to do it... Maybe you're not brave enough to say it! But someone else can appear and take your "prize". Because that was life is. Your chances doesn't get lost: anyone else takes them.

So, dear reader, think about it... Declare your love, read more, eat more ice cream, contemplate more sunsets or whatever... Just take Life by the balls and say: "Fuck off bitch! You'll not find me distracted nevermore!!"

1 comment:

Nuria Vidal said...

That's on the language:
-Because that'S wHAT life is ABOUT (I GUESS THAT'S WHAT YOU MEAN)
-Your chances DON'T get lost