Thursday, October 16, 2008

Happy Birthday to... Me...

Well, in fact, happy birthday to my most famous letter! The letter that gives name to this blog... I'm referring, of course, to my FROM HELL letter, which I sent to George Lusk that 15th October of 1888... So, 120 years and a day have passed since I've sent the letter! 120 days and a day... Mm... It looks like a prison sentence!


Anyway... I can remember that day so clearly... The texture of that kidney... how I was smiling while packing it all... Ah... Memories! You know, sometimes our brain's a little capricious... We can remember some things so clearly, like we were still there, living that stuff... But maybe there's some other things we cannot remember until someone talks about it! Curious thing... So, this is one of the things I can remember so clearly even today, 120 years and a day after writing it... I can see myself laughing while writing with that awfull spelling mistakes, just to make them think that I was an illiterate...

So, here's the letter!

"From hell.
Mr Lusk,
Sor
I send you half the Kidne I took from one women prasarved it for you tother piece I fried and ate it was very nise. I may send you the bloody knif that took it out if you only wate a whil longer

signed
Catch me when you can Mishter Lusk"

Very funny indeed...

2 comments:

Nuria Vidal said...

I cannot follow your pace. You're too fast. I guess I'd be ripped by you or anyone like you, just because I cannot pay attention to all the details.
Absent minded? Too much work? Too much commuting? Often in the clouds or in my own world, "Nurialandia" as my daughters say? Who knows!

Your history details go beyond my knowledge, so, interesting enough, I always learn from your writings.

Here are my comments:
-so clearly, AS IF we were still there, living that stuff... (Even though AS/LIKE may be used I think you need the IF and I'd use as instead.)
WATCH THIS!!! I've corrected these agreement mistake before...
-But maybe there ARE some other things we cannot
-while writing with THESE awful(0) spelling mistakes

Nuria Vidal said...

No attention to the mistakes to prove you were an iliterate, of course! You all know!