Friday, October 17, 2008

Is nothing original nowadays?

I couldn't help sitting again front of my computer, just to write a few lines... Some thoughts are gathering in my mind and the only way of let the mout is by writing... So... Let's write!

Some time ago I saw a documentary in TV, talking about plagiarism in music world... Basically, it was all about bands suing other bands, argumentating that they've written a similar song before... So, they must be paid for that! And I'm not talking of secundary bands, trying to succeed by copying some famous songs... I'm talking about great bands, some of them considered the best bands of all time, like The Rolling Stones, The Beatles or Led Zeppelin, of which I'm really fond of... For example, there's a song of L.Zeppelin, "Whole Lotta Love", a very famous song indeed, which was accused of being based on a song of Small Faces, called "You need loving"... which was, in fact, based in an older song of Willie Dixon... And Dixon sued them! And he won... And since then, Dixon appears as a co-writer of that song, in every L.Zeppelin album...

But, we might ask... Because asking and wondering is what intelligent human beings do... So, we might wonder about which is the difference between copy and inspiration! It's separated by a thin line, surely! So... think about it... And watch this video if you want, about how some music can be present in our life, even when we're not listening to them specifically...

Bites and cuts...



By the way... I love Pachelbel's Canon in D with the passion!

No comments: